Clinical Receptionist / Admin Assistant
Who we are looking for:
Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a personable, helpful and friendly approach? Are you genuinely interested in helping people, able to calm anxiety, and be empathetic to people in pain? We are looking for someone who wears a big smile, has a welcoming and calm demeanour, and that works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise efficiently and multi-task.
- To provide a professional and friendly first point of contact for the practice: Managing telephone, written, electronic and face-to-face enquiries.
- To direct patients to the appropriate therapist or service according to their needs/requirements.
- Provide a welcoming reception room environment that patients will look forward to coming back to.
- Communicate with patients before, during and after appointments to ensure satisfaction is being achieved.
- Organise and plan all clinical appointment schedules, maximising efficiency and revenue for the clinic.
- Maintain accurate patient records by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information.
- Undertake a range of IT based tasks using TM3 Clinic management software (training will be provided) and word processing applications (Microsoft Office).
- Procure and process fees due from patients/clients for services provided and to process end-of-day banking procedures.
- Ensure that invoices are raised in a timely fashion and sent to the appropriate agency in accordance with procedures.
- Maintain office inventory, equipment and supplies.
- Help patients in distress and respond to emergencies appropriately and compassionately.
- Field complaints in accordance with office procedures and to ensure they are brought to the immediate attention of the appropriate staff members.
- Protect patient’s personal information line with GDPR and industry best practice guidelines.
- Organise and prioritise own workload anticipating fundamental day-to-day problems and as appropriate resolve them on own initiative and/or in direct liaison with colleagues.
- To undertake on a daily basis a full range of document management activities through photocopying, scanning, filing, email and the completion of standard forms. This will include proof-reading and editing written & electronic correspondence to forward on.
- Help to maintain efficient operations in the clinic by following policies and procedures, reporting required changes and to assist practice manager in updating policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 4 GCSE passes (or equivalent) in grades A-C to include Maths and English
- Demonstrable evidence of a good standard of literacy, numeracy and ICT competencies in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Good organisational skills with a proven ability to perform a variety of routine clerical and administrative activities with the ability to prioritise and adapt to meet varied deadlines.
- Able to learn quickly, organise, use own judgement to resolve problems and suggest improvements to processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years of general clerical/administrative work experience.
- Ability to adapt to new IT processing programmes (specifically TM3 – online clinical management software system).
- An awareness and basic knowledge of GDPR and how it impacts the management and protection of personal data.
- 27 hours per week, over 3 days (Tues, Weds & Fri)
- You will be called on to provide holiday and sickness cover at times, so flexibility is important.
- It is anticipated the hours will increase over the coming year as restrictions caused by the pandemic are lifted. These additions hours will include some evening and weekend work.
£8.91 per hour.
Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Please send your CV and covering letter to